Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Event Recap: Healthy Hair and Beauty Affair

This Saturday I braved the cold to take a hike up to Brooklyn to attend the Healthy Hair and Beauty Affair hosted by Natural hair/ Fashion Blogger Toia B. of ToBNatural blog. The space was full of beautiful black women with some super fly hair; ya'll know I was loving it. There were some demonstrations on different styling techniques and makeup, as well as info sessions on hair health. I'm at the point in my life where I'm really starting to embrace my natural hair and beauty, and it was just so wonderful to be able to spend my Saturday afternoon with a bunch of ladies who could relate to me on that level. The venue was full of inspiration; and I cant wait until my hair grows out so I can try some of the funky styles that I saw happening at this event. 

I've done my fair share of big chopping in college so I really got a kick out of the live big chop demonstration done by stylists Anu Prestonia of Khamit Kinks and Dre


The beautiful big chop model, Amber.
Amber and her stylists Dre and Anu, this transformation was perfect. (photo cred. Jason John, Makeup: Valerie Joseph ) 
Natural hair Blogger and Vlogger Char Jay doing a flat twist demonstration using Original Moxie products.

Toia B. , Char Jay and her lovely hair model. 




The hostess with the mostess, Toia B. 
Hey, Claire! 
Ms. Melanie was workin those earrings
I was all for Lynda and Dee's styles. So much inspiration 
This was happening in the corner, I thought it was so dope. Demo prepping. Melanie's color is right on. 

Loc check: Dre the stylist and Niyya Tenee, founder of Locs Revolution.
Niyya and I

Joy Spears of Confident-Curls blog and Ijeoma Eboh of Klassy-Kinks blog. Beautiful, Ladies. 
Mani's on deck courtesy of Harper Monroe Spa
Stacy G. of @hopelesslydopehair (Makeup by Mrs. Makeup)
Val Joseph aka Mrs. Makeup doing a demo for a glowing beat in record time.



Simeko Watkins and a stylist from her salon Meko, NY doing a demo on how to transform your fro to a funky up-do with the quickness. 

More hair Demos

That be me. (top: Zara, pants: Target, booties: Topshop)
Kinks, curls, n girls. 

Photographer Jason John caught my kinks looking kayute. 

Somewhere in Brooklyn.



There was so much inspiration in the building, I couldn't deal. Where do you girls get your inspiration from for your looks? Feel free to leave your thoughts, pics, or links to some dope natural looks in the comment box. 
xx. G. 

2 comments:

  1. Great coverage Gabby! Thank you so much again for attending and showing so much love! It is SO appreciated! ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for commenting! leave me your blog URL so I can check you out!

Add.this.