Thursday, January 3, 2013

My current hair routine

Aye bay bays! So as you've probably noticed I've changed my hurr again. Its been a while since my last hair update so I've decided to give you the rundown of my hair routine.
 So after suffering from heat damage, I decided to relax my hair so that I can wear it in a short pixie cut.  I use the Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil at home relaxer kit. I know, I know, its 2012, we're so against relaxers and chemicals and stuff, but my hair had some serious damage and 2 different curl-patterns after I took my weave out so continuing my natural journey was no longer an option after that. I still do love natural hair, and I do plan to go back to my roots eventually, but I figured I would have fun with this style (since its one of my favs) while I have the chance. 

 I also know the forbidden rule for relaxers is to never use the box ones at home...but I just don't trust salons with my hair and I refuse to pay $80 for a relaxer. 

So, before I apply the relaxer, grease my scalp with vasline and almond oil to protect my scalp from the chemicals. 

After basing with the vasline I apply the relaxer, following all of the directions in the box and wash and deep condition with the stuff they give you in the box (organic root stimulator brand)
 oh yea nothing like a good 90s hood flick to pass the time...
 So after sitting under the drier for 15 mins with the organic root stimulator DC I rinse that out and apply this amazing Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Conditioner. Then I sit under the drier with this for another 15 mins.
 Then I do a ACV treatment. Just spray it on my scalp with this spray bottle.

Post DC
 So then I ad my Macadamia Healing Oil Spray, My Keratin Complex intense reconstructing serum (this stuff is amazing, it adds the protein back into my hair that I lost from the relaxer), and then I ad this Nubian Heat Protectant Spray
So after I put my repair stuff in, I apply set lotion (the Jane Carter Stuff to the right)...I apply a very little bit of Redken straightening serum. (I don't add the hair lotion until after the hair is molded, right before I flat Iron)
I brush down my hair in the shape that I want my hair to be to prepare it for molding. 
I then apply these wrap strips and my doo rag and sit under the dryer for an hour. 
btw, these wrap strips were super cheap at Sally's, its like a bagillion of them for $15!

 The dryer I use to set and DC


After Molding and letting my hair absorb some almond oil, I cut my hair with the clippers in the back and on the side and the shears in the front and top for layers. Then I flat ironed my hair using the Babylis Nano Titanium Pro Flat Iron and the mini one (for the really short parts) This duo is all that. 

 After I flat iron my hair I apply the Mizani "shyne" oil sheen, Shea Moisure Reconstructive Elixer, Almond Oil, and Coconut Oil and wrap my hair up for at least an hour. These 4 products are the products that I use daily for upkeep. I apply the almond oil and mizani sheen to my hair and the Shea Moisture and coconut oil to both my hair and my scalp. I apply the mizani in the morning and the rest of them in the morning and before bed. 


Pa-dow!

Peace. 
G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for commenting! leave me your blog URL so I can check you out!

Add.this.