Friday, June 10, 2011

Face Time

I come from a family where makeup is rarely worn and when it is, its usually only for special occasions. My mother didn't even let my sister and I wear makeup until we were 16 and even then we didn't wear it very often. My sister always said that makeup is only for people who don't think they are beautiful so we don't need it. I always felt differently about make up though. I felt like it was like an accessory and it could be used to enhance one's beauty. So once I was allowed to wear makeup I definitely started doing research on it. However, for some reason I never had the desire to get really deep into makeup because I always see people over-do it and I wanted to make sure I wasn't one of those people! I started out just wearing eyeliner, mascara, a few eye-shadow colors and lip gloss. I actually stuck to those few things for about 3 years. It was not until recently that I even purchased a bottle of foundation. I was starting from scratch and had no clue as to what to buy. All I knew was that I didn't want my face looking cakey or ashy. I started my next step in the wonderful world of makeup about a year ago, and I think its time for me to step it up a notch. Not too much, just a smidget....

These are the basic make-up items that I use every once in a while...


This handful of items along with some lipstick every now and then does the trick...


I don't know if you noticed, but I don't use concealer because I heard that it makes dark circles around your eyes after a while. I don't really think I need it anyway. But I use tweezerman L.T.D. tweezers, Ecotools foundation brush, I usually use a maybelline eyeliner but I used it all up, n I just use a wet n wild eyebrow pencil to color and shape my brows, and I use a basic kabuki brush for my blush and powder applications


I use maybelline dreame matte mousse blush in "cloud wine", Loreal Studio secrets perfcting primer, Maybline Dream Liquid mousse foundation in cocoa Dark 3, I just got this Revlon Color Stay Mineral Mousse foundation in "Deepest", and I use Revlon ColorStay Mineral Finishing powder in "Sunkiss", I also pair my maybelline mousse cloud wine blush with a MAC Frost powder blush for extra warmth. 


I use covergirl lashblast volume mascara and a basic lancome natural tones mini pallet


This is the perfect nude lipgloss its Loreal color juice "Pina colada". You don't need to pair it with lipstick, no white line, thick, not too sticky, its perfect (especially for us chocolate beauties!)



It takes a little bit of that and nothing more to give me this look, which is one of my favs, not too much and not too little....

I got alot of make-up cheapies while I was just starting out and experimenting, but I am starting to get together a collection of better quality items such as Make-up Forever, and Bobbi Brown as a way to enhance my collection. As I broaden my horizons with this make-up stuff, I will be sure to keep you guys posted!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for commenting! leave me your blog URL so I can check you out!

Add.this.